Listen on YouTube
Indika de Silva is a lecturer in IT at the General Sir John Kotelawala Defense University in Suriyaweva, Hambantota. He has been a double bass player since 1995 and was a part of the Sri Lankan National Youth Orchestra a while ago. He has a pronounced interest in Sri Lankan ‘bus music’ in general, and calls himself a fan.
He is also a huge geek, and is the proud owner of an expansive library of comics, graphic novels, and other memorabilia.
Indika can be found on Twitter at @saintgif.
- Sudu Araliya Mala (Ajith Muthukumarana): https://youtu.be/okHjqFeGEzs
- Roland Octapad (demo by Craig Blundell): https://youtu.be/BoZq15USPso
- Kundumani (Freddie Silva): https://youtu.be/f7FLOpRbXFQ
- Egodaha Yanno (Shelton Perera): https://youtu.be/EecnC4cviDY
- Weherahena Wihaaraye (Ajith Muthukumarana): https://youtu.be/wVbKgZ21U1E
- Saka Karala (Jude Rogans): https://youtu.be/oT3zqWG9uNs
- Bageta Salun Doren (Damith Asanka): https://youtu.be/SlzFAf1RbTA
- Thaniwee Sitinnai (Milton Mallawaarachchi): https://youtu.be/dnslaxgpE0w
- Adi Seeye Para Gawa (Chamara Weerasinghe): https://youtu.be/KP6uULLEVEc
- “බස්රියේ සංගීතය පීඩාකාරී නම් , ඔබට එයට, එරෙහි විය හැකිය” Facebook post by Sisira Karunaratne: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1426793240708290&set=a.375876722466619&type=3
- Flashback Vegetable Night 2014 (YouTube playlist): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paTpmGtto6k&list=PLaW_a9SLOwslDiStxoMtj6eLojgM0uazX
- Ahasa Usata (Gunadasa Kapuge): https://youtu.be/b_Lrppeyy7I
- 1 2 3 4 5 (Ahasa Usata cover song by unknown artist): https://youtu.be/FSLiNG3LgTE
- Sapaththu Mala La Rathu Patai (Subani Harshani): https://youtu.be/_Vlh3BqGzys
- Hambantota Muhudu Werale (Subani Harshani): https://youtu.be/J3ZEPpKl7u4
- Indika’s translation of Sudu Araliya Mala:
Disclaimer: We don’t own the copyrights to any of the songs played in this episode. They are played off YouTube, purely for reference purposes.
Featured photo courtesy of Nazly Ahmed.