Listen on YouTube
Andrew Fidel Fernando is a prolific sports writer with a penchant for incisive analysis of all things cricket. He is also a historian and travel writer, and his new book Upon A Sleepless Isle has been well received both here and abroad.
Andrew is on Twitter as @afidelf.
- Upon a Sleepless Isle, by Andrew Fidel Fernando: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/46674720-upon-a-sleepless-isle
- Sri Lanka In The Modern Age: A History, by Nira Wickramasinghe: https://www.sarasavi.lk/Book/Sri-Lanka-In-The-Modern-Age-A-History-0199460868
- The Jungle Tide, by John Still: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1568052.The_Jungle_Tide
- Island History, podcast on PodHub hosted by Shamara Wettimuny and Andrew Fidel Fernando: https://podhub.lk/podcaster/116
- Polonnaruwa, the miracle that was, The Island: https://island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=108271
- Chinaman: The Legend of Pradeep Mathew, by Shehan Karunatilaka: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8198781-chinaman
- Netherland, by Joseph O’Neill: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2615008-netherland
Photo by Ashwin on Instagram